Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I'm Sorry

It seemed you were here,

That was awhile ago,

Forgive me,

The fog was clouding my vision –

That I couldn’t see your hurtful beauty.


So reality had to peel off the shades,

I’m sorry I couldn’t reach out to you sooner,

But I was not paying any attention,

Is it pure ignorance or cowardice?

Maybe it was a bit of both,

Since I let my eyelids shut themselves.


I couldn’t see you among the crowd,

Because I was entertaining others,

If you could hear me,

Please forgive me –

For I didn’t realize your existence before,

maybe I was a coward for not taking your hand,

because I was scared of scrutiny,

now I regret for not holding on to your frail hands.


It was a pain to imagine how your eyes would gleam –

If you were still here,

I’m sorry for ignoring your presence,

For I was too busy,

It was a pathetic excuse,

But I was blinded by things which –

Now seem useless.


I didn’t realize your loveliness till now,

It was sad to be blind,

It seemed I walked pass an angel,

Now there is nothing.


If I was a better writer,

I could immortalize you in these words,

But all I could muster was these simple expressions,

I hope you had a good life,

And you are in complete serenity.


Again,

Please forgive me and others –

For not appreciating your wonderful spirit,

If there was a chance,

We might have been great friends.


*this poem is dedicated to those who did not have the chance to recognize a beautiful being until it's too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment